A safe haven for role-players.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 10 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:52 am
Latest topics
» Ideas for Forum Plot, and storyline.
Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:11 pm by Megatron

» Character Template [WIP]
Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:50 pm by Abel XIV

» Count Thread
Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:28 pm by Megatron

» Change of name
Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:31 am by Ray Ignazia

» Max Capacity
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:33 am by Abel XIV

» Weapon Template [WIP]
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 am by Abel XIV

» Ability Template [WIP]
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 am by Abel XIV

» On Sources and Elements
Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:34 pm by Abel XIV

» Fate System
Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:49 am by Abel XIV

Share | 

Bilingual site?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abel XIV
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Bilingual site?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Hrrrrrmmmmmmm...... I've been thinking... What if we wrote the rules in English and made the descriptions, templates and everything else both in English AND Spanish?

That way, we'd have both access to the large latin community of RPers which is quite large...

I know this idea will most likely have many cons and too little pros, but think about it, if we had two CBs, one for Spanish speakers, one for English speakers, two advertisements and two of everything, we might as well do something awesome and great that no one has done before.

PD: If this idea is outright stupid, please, forgive me. I haven't slept in the whole night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yandere

PostSubject: Re: Bilingual site?   Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm

I think it's a good idea in theory, but it will more than likely cause a lot of unnecessary trouble.

- players who only speak one language will feel awkward as there might be a feeling of segregation (for lack of a better word at the moment)
- people will inevitably want to do the same thing for their own language and you'll end up with a multilingual mess.

I suggest you keep something like this to a personal level instead of dedicating the whole site to it. (not saying not to invite people of other languages, but it'll be better if we have a base in which every member can communicate effectively with one another.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarlet Other

PostSubject: Re: Bilingual site?   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 am

If neither could read either language the two groups would become separated with minimal ability to communicate.

I don't think it's worth the extra members, assuming it works. It could totally self destruct on itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hawkeman92

PostSubject: Re: Bilingual site?   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:59 am

Unfortunately I must agree with the negative feedback. Though it may bring more people in there will obviously be a communication barrier and communication is very important to a friendly community. Bad interaction can give people the wrong impression and conflict would be disastrous considering the kind of site I assume we want. This is especially dangerous considering how new this site is and if a conflict arises before this site expands then this site could meet an early grave.

Oh I'm sorry I lost my insanity for a second there. Ahem. GAH!!! People talking different languages. They will talk about me I know it. Rumors will spread and no one will think I'm a sexy devil no more. MY NONEXISTENT SOCIAL LIFE WILL BE RUINED!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bilingual site?   

Back to top Go down

Bilingual site?
Page 1 of 1